We envision the DSWP as a strong, credible, self-sustaining and socialist feminist federation of grassroots & community-based women able to significantly contribute to the Filipino women’s empowerment as well as the development of a Philippine society that fully recognizes, respects, and promotes the rights of all its citizens.
- In the essential equality between women & men & that women possess the same measure of dignity & capacity to achieve personhood;
- That structural & cultural realities such as capitalism, patriarchy, feudal attitudes, & the socialization process in general bring about gender oppression;
- That as social beings, women & men can develop more fully in a society characterized by peace, democracy, & social justice;
- That human development to be real, must touch both the personal & the social, the abstract & the concrete;
- That Philippine culture as an expression of the relations between & among different sectors in society is not neutral. It is reflective of existing power relations in society & as such opens itself as an arena of conflict;
- That equality between the sexes must permeate all kinds of opportunities & that there shall be no arbitrary hindrances arising from prejudices due to sex, age, ethnicity, etc.; &
- That solidarity between & among organizations is desirable & necessary to bring about the liberation of women & all other oppressed groups.
- Advance and promote the praxis of socialist feminism;
- Seek concrete expressions of gender equality by combating all forms of discrimination against women;
- Promote a concept of development that recognizes the co-equal and co-responsible role of women in the development process;
- Develop alternative programs to raise women’s level of consciousness, enhance self-confidence and economic independence;
- Seek venues for the substantive and effective participation of women in all levels of decision-making; and
- Forge solidarity and linkages with democratic women’s sectoral, and political organizations in order to promote common goals and objectives.